[R] data extrapolation function

e-letter inpost at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 10:39:40 CET 2011

Readers,

Data was imported using the read csv command:

dataimport<-read.csv("/path/to/dataimport.csv")

10,2000
12,2001
13,2002
15,2003
17,2004

Using the help contents for 'predict.lm' (i.e. ?predict.lm) a new data
frame was created

dataimportextra<-data.frame(x=seq(1990,2010,1))
predict(lm(dataimport),dataimportextra[,2],se.fit=TRUE)
write.csv<-(dataimportextraout,"/path/to/dataimportextra.csv")

I was expecting to see in the file dataimportextra.csv something like:

1,1990
2,1991
3,1993
to previously known data
10,2000
final extrapolated value, e.g.
20,2010

I didn't ; this suggests that I chose the wrong function! Can someone
please advise me of the correct function to use for this extrapolation
task?

yours,
r251
mandriva2009