[R] Latent Class Logit Models in discrete choice experiments

Daniel Vecchiato daniel.vecchiato at unipd.it
Mon Jan 31 19:35:42 CET 2011

Dear R users,

I would like to perform Latent Class Logit Models for the analysis of choice experiments in environmental valuation.

This kind of analysis is usually performed with NLogit Software (http://www.limdep.com).

I attach the results I usually obtain using NLogit and NLogit model specifications.

For Random parameter models and Logit Models I usually perform my analysis with the package mlogit ( http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/mlogit/index.html ).

The models I would like to run are presented in this ppt:

http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~wgreene/.../Lectures/Part13-LatentClassModels.ppt

and an overview is given in this paper by Hoyos:

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolecon.2010.04.011

Anybody has any package to suggest for this kind of analysis? (poLCA does not provide me the same estimates)

Thanks in advance

Daniel