[R] HLM Model

Belle ping.yi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:42:15 CET 2011

Hi Silvano:

Could you tell me what "correlation=corSymm(form = ~ 1 |id)" represents?  In
our case, team is random effect, trt, pairs, grade, school are fixed effect,
and each team is within school.

I still got the different results from both SAS and R.
> unstruct <- gls(score~trt+pairs+grade+school,
> test,correlation=corSymm(form = ~ 1 |StudentID),
+          weights=varIdent(form=~1|team), method="REML")

I tried school instead of StudentID, but I got error.
> unstruct <- gls(score~trt+pairs+grade+school,
> test,correlation=corSymm(form = ~ 1 |school),
+          weights=varIdent(form=~1|team), method="REML")
Error in vector("double", length) : vector size specified is too large

Thanks for the help