[R] Removal of elements from nomograms

Rob James rob at aetiologic.ca
Thu Jun 2 22:19:04 CEST 2011

The rms package includes the nomogram function, which generates a list
object that can be passed to plot for graphical production of nomograms.

I would like to remove  the "linear predictor" line in the graph, which
means (I suspect) removing it from the nomogram output object.  I've
looked at the nomogram output object, but it is not clear to me if or
how it might be edited to remove the linear predictor content. Similarly
, I do not see how to coax  nomogram()  into not producing this output
in the first place.

As ever, thanks in advance are likely due to Frank Harrell, without whom
many things would be much more difficult.