[R] Problem with package development

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 00:14:17 CEST 2011

I don't use windows, but this error message you report:
>>> Error in texi2dvi("Rd2.tex", pdf = (out_ext == "pdf"), quiet = FALSE, :
>>> pdflatex is not available
>>> Error in running tools:: texi2dvi

strongly indicates that you need to install pdflatex, don't you think?

If you don't have non-R code (c or fortran) you can probably get away
without having the MinGW compiler tools, but you do need the rest of
the things listed in the admin manual as required for building
packages:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#The-Windows-toolset

In addition, googling for "building R packages on Windows" turns up
very many detailed guides for going through the process, including
discussions of what additional software you need and how to install
it.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee