[R] (no subject)

Johannes Huesing johannes at huesing.name
Fri Jun 3 05:47:19 CEST 2011

Ungku Akashah <kaslah90 at yahoo.com> [Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 10:31:53AM CEST]:
> Error in lda.default(x, grouping, ...) :
>   variables  1  3  5  8 10 15 17 20 27 29 34 appear to be constant within groups

Please do read the posting guide before posing a question here.
The message would have benefitted from a title. Mentioning the
package where the error occurred (hint: it doesn't seem to occur
within the package lda) would also have helped. Preparing a
minimal example where this message occurred would have made it
easier for us to replicate the error message.

> what this sentence means??

Semantically, the sentence means that the values of the variables
whose position in the data frame are given appear to be the same
within all groups. That means that I'd expect something like

tapply(x, grouping. unique)

would produce only one value per result.

--
Johannes Hüsing               There is something fascinating about science.
                              One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture