[R] Can R do zero inflated gamma regression?

siriustar qinlangjinan at live.cn
Mon Jun 6 06:12:41 CEST 2011

Hi, Dear R-help
I know there are some R package to deal with zero-inflated count data. But I
am now looking for R package to deal with zero-inflated continuous data.

The response variable (Y) in my dataset contains a larger mount of zero and
the Non-zero response are quite right skewed. Now what i am doing is first
to use a logistic regression on covariates (X) to estimate the probability
of Y being 0. Then focus on the dataset where Y is not zero, and run a
linear regression or gamma glm to estimate the association between Y and X
when Y is not zero.
However, the linear regression and gamma glm model fit my data poorly.

So, I am thinking maybe a zero inflated gamma or zero inflated lognormal
regression are helpful, where I can estimate the probability of Y being zero
and the association between non zero Y and X at the same time.
However, I dont know which R package can do that.

Hope I can get the answer soon.... and any suggestion about my dataset is
truely appreciate.