[R] Wireframe, custom x-axis values

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Jun 6 17:19:46 CEST 2011

Im plotting some data with wireframe() like so:

wireframe(result ~ u * r, myData, scales=list(arrows=FALSE))

However, I would really like to display something different for the
displayed values of "u" rather than the actual values.
This is because my u-values are a sequence of quantiles of myData, and I
would like to display the quantiles used (e.g. "0.8   0.85   0.9   0.95")
instead of the actual values of these quantiles, since this is easier to
relate to for a viewer. This information is accessible in myData in a
variable, "qnt".

I've tried meddling around with "axis", "label" and "at" in scales=list(),
but i've been unable to make it happen.
#----

Right, because you haven't understood that base graphics are different than
lattice or ggplot graphics. Suggest you read the help page for xyplot which
has material on the names of list elements used. Pay particular attention to
the arguments list in the section on scales. "at" is a proper argument.
"label is not. You should also look at the list structure of you plot object
with str().

#---

Can anyone shed some light? Preferably in a short, generic example.

#
You are the one responsible for providing examples on rhelp.
\#----

--
David