[R] rgl: insert pauses in animation sequence / movie formats other than gif?

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Tue Jun 7 18:22:27 CEST 2011

On 6/7/2011 10:52 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> Something like this works:
>
> play3d(par3dinterp(times=c(0,5,6,11,12,17),
>              userMatrix=list(m1,m1,m2,m2,m3,m3),
>              method="linear"))
>
> The "linear" says to use linear interpolation between time points, so
> it will stay exactly constant when the userMatrix doesn't change.  If
> you leave it out, it uses spline interpolation, and that gives some
> irritating overshooting.
Thanks very much for this, Duncan.

Something like this would make an excellent documentation example for
play3d/movie3d, or perhaps better
par3dinterp, even under \dontrun{}.

I take it that the times are relative rather than absolute, and time is
scaled according to duration and
fps when the scene is play3d()'d.  Yes?  If so, the description for
time= could also be clarified.

best,
-Michael

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.