[R] MARS for complex samples / survey data?

JPRISCIANDARO priscian at musc.edu
Tue Jun 7 21:44:53 CEST 2011

Hello forum,

I am interested in investigating non-linear relationships between variables
using something akin to Multivariate Adaptive Regression Splines. The
problem is that my data have sample weights and stratification variables,
and I don't think earth and similar packages support these.

Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be MARS per se, just something to
estimate non-linear relationships that does a better job than polynomials
and can incorporate sample weights and stratification variables.

Thanks,
Jim