[R] Cleveland dot plots

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 05:32:27 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 5:00 AM, Colin Wahl <biowahl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would rather use cleveland dot plots than bar charts to display my study
> results. I have not been able to find (or figure out) an R package that is
> capable of producing the publication quality dot charts Im looking for. I
> have either not been able to get error bars (lattice), cannot order the data
> display properly (latticeExtra), or cannot make adjustments to axes. Does
> anyone have a quick suggestion for a package that can handle cleveland dot
> plots well?

If you need error bars, you may consider Dotplot() in the Hmisc
package or segplot() in latticeExtra.

Your other complaints are too vague to respond to. Perhaps if you
provide us with a reproducible example and a comprehensible
description of what you would like to happen, someone may be able to
tell you whether that is feasible.

-Deepayan