[R] R command window

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 00:08:25 CEST 2011

On 11-06-08 9:28 AM, Michael Davidsen wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm a visually impaired statistician, working at the National Institute of Public Health in Denmark.
>
> I would like to use R for some analysis and have succesfully installed version 2.13.0 on my Windows XP labtop.
> I then would like to run R interactively but unfortunately the textfont of the command line in the R window is very hard for me to read. I use a special program called Zoomtext that among many other functionalities enables me  to invert colurs.

There are two ways to run R in Windows.  One runs Rterm in a CMD window.
  You'll need to use Windows procedures to change the font and colours
in that window.

The other way (what is the default on the shortcut) is to run RGui.  It
has a dialog accessed from File | GUI Preferences  that lets you choose
fonts and colors.  (The font used in the dialog may be hard to read; if
so, choose Save.  That will write a text file, default name Rconsole, in
which you can edit all of the settings.  If you save it into
RHOME/etc/Rconsole, it will be loaded each time you start R.)

Duncan Murdoch