[R] Rtools - "The setup files are corrupted" message when trying to install

Martyn Byng Martyn.Byng at nag.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 15:12:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong list to be sending this question to.

I am trying to install a copy of the R tools required to create /
compile packages on windows. After downloading Rtools from
http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/ windows keeps complaining that
"The setup files are corrupted".

This has happened with both the Rtools213.exe and the Rtools212.exe
downloads, and on both 32 and 64 bit Windows 7.

Does any one know what I might be doing incorrectly, or where else I
should be downloading them from.

Cheers

Martyn

The version of R that I want to eventually use these tools with is

platform       x86_64-pc-mingw32
arch           x86_64
os             mingw32
system         x86_64, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          13.0
year           2011
month          04
day            13
svn rev        55427
language       R
version.string R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. Th...{{dropped:4}}