[R] how can I compute the multidimensional extension of the McDonald's omega by using R?

netrunner giovanna.varni at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 16:48:41 CEST 2011

Hi,
I need to perform a computation of reliability of a 5-point Likert scale
having 6 items. From a factor analysis I found that my scale is a
multidimensional scale (3 factors), so I cannot use Crobach's alpha to
compute reliability. I have seen in several papers that it is possibile to
use the multidimensional extension of the McDonald's omega. The omega
function in the psych package allows to do this?

thank you