[R] any documents

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 9 17:27:56 CEST 2011

> Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 02:21:21 -0700
> From: wa7.mej at gmail.com
> To: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: [R] any documents
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing a textual analysis of several articles discussing the evolution of
> prices in order to give a forecast. if someone can give me a clear approach
> to this knowing that I work on the package tm.

LOL, are you talking about the computer generated "analysis" such as the thin
text platititudes around bandwagon stats such as " is trading xx above 30 day
moving average " etc etc. This sounds funny but is actually an interesting
test case as the hidden structured nature of the documents should be easier to analyse
than, say, poetry. The field is very much researchy AFAIK and you will need
to define an algorithm of do a literature search to get much in the
way of helpful response beyond "?tm"  Absent that, you are almost asking for
someone to invent an algorithm. I've refered many posters to terms like
"computational lingquistics" but people who have used these kinds
of things don't seem to post here much. If you can give us more details
or source article maybe someone can point you in useful direction.