[R] Problem loading packages in R 2.13.0 on Mac

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 10 21:25:11 CEST 2011

Adrienne Keller wrote:

> I am having problem loading packages in the newest version of R
> (2.13.0) on my Mac. I have tried to install various packages (e.g.
> lawstat, Rcmdr, car) and load them using the Package Installer and
> Package Manager menu options but I get the follow error:
>
>  > library(lawstat)
> Error: package 'mvtnorm' could not be loaded
> In addition: Warning message:
> In library(pkg, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, lib.loc
> = lib.loc) :
>    there is no package called 'mvtnorm'
>
> When I click on the box for loading lawstat in the Package Manager, it
> immediately reverts back to an unchecked box.
>
> I have tried to load mvtnorm and then load lawstat but I get the same
> error.

The error message would imply that the package mvtnorm is not installed.

1. This is a Mac issue. Use the R-SIG-Mac mailing list.

2. Assuming you are using the R Mac GUI, you use the Package Installer to
install  packages.
  If you want dependencies installed don't forget to check the Install
dependencies checkbox in the lower right corner of the Package Installer
window. Select lawstat and then click Install Selected.

3. Now you should be able to load.

Berend