[R] How to create a numeric data.frame

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 17:09:43 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Barry Rowlingson
<b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:
[snip]
>  now you may think it reasonable to do an 'as.numeric' on that, but what about:
>
>  as.numeric(list(foo=list(bar=c(1,2,3),baz=c(34,5)),bar=c("Hello","World"))
>
>  how would you 'as.numeric' that?

Well, "Hello" is one of the first words spoken when meeting someone
and in programming, and I think "World" represents not just the earth,
but everything that exists.  Everything seems best represented by a
continuous circle, so logically I would 'as.numeric' that

$foo
$foo$bar
[1] 1 2 3

$foo$baz
[1] 34  5

$bar
[1] 1 0

However, R does not agree with my logic ;)

Josh