[R] SAS Mixed

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 21:53:44 CEST 2011

justin bem <justin_bem <at> yahoo.fr> writes:

> I have drink the cup down to the last drop in a course on linear models with
> SAS. I didn't learn a lot about statistic the 95 percent of the course consist
> of stupid SAS outputs, with a teacher who is a SAS Guru.
>
> Is there and equivalent of repetead option for mixed in R (I hope "No" for me
> it's stupid to loose parcimony by enlarging explanatory variables space) ?

  You should look at the nlme and lme4 packages to start with.  The former
is the subject of a 2000 book by Pinheiro and Bates, the latter is the
subject of a book draft (rather technical and incomplete at the moment,
but a good starting point) by Bates at <http://lme4.r-forge.r-project.org/book/>.
More specific questions (once you have read a bit) can be directed to
the r-sig-mixed-models mailing list.

  Ben Bolker