[R] Logistic regression with 2 factors and 3 covariates

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Jun 14 11:35:18 CEST 2011

On 13.06.2011 19:37, Alal wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to write a model for my data, but Im not sure it's statistically
> correct.
>
> I have one variable (2 levels: A or B). To explain it, I've got 2 factors
> and 3 continuous variables. I need to do a logistic regression, but...
>
> First: can I actually do a logistic regression with all of this? I know it's
> a basic question (sorry) but I just cant find a clear answer.

Yes, you can do that, but we cannot know if it is the most appropriate
method given your problem and your data.

> Then: if yes, what function do I use? I tried with a binomial glm,

Yes.

> but I
> also found the function 'mlogit()' that seems appropriate. Is it incorrect
> to use glm() in that case?

If you want a "simple" logistic regression, just use the glm() approach.

> Finally: any advice, things I should pay attention to?

The problem, the data and the method.

Since your question is rather basic, it'd suggest to ask for local
advice in any case,

Uwe Ligges