[R] R 2.13.0 on windows 7 x32 - always requires admin to run

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 00:39:48 CEST 2011

I have a faculty member who installed R 2.13.0 on a windows 7 (x32)
machine.  When they run it, it always requests an administrator
password and the icon has the shield on it that indicates it needs to
run in Admin mode.  I went back to my student computer lab and it has
2.12.0 and it runs fine without running as admin.  I then downloaded
2.12.2 on to their system and it runs fine without needing Admin
privs.  What has changed in 2.13.0 to always need admin to run.  Is
this a bug?  I looked around for some settings to allow this version
to run as non-admin, but couldn't find anything.  Anyone have
suggestions to get 2.13.0 working on win7 x32?

Thanks.

-wes