[R] Problem auto.arima() in R

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 21:24:54 CEST 2011

siddharth arun <sid.arun91 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am using auto.arima() for forecasting.When I am using any in built data
> such as "AirPassangers" it is capturing seasonality. But, If I am entering
> data in any other format(in vector form or from an excel sheet) it is not
> detecting seasonality.
>
> Is there any specific format in which it detects seasonality or I am doing
> some thing wrong?
>
> Does data have to be entered in a specific format?

Unfortunately, this is far too vague a question for us to answer.
Please read the posting guide and give us some more details about
what you are trying to do, preferably as a small reproducible example.
Also, be aware that auto.arima() is a function in the
contributed 'forecast' package: this would be useful information to include.

  Ben Bolker