[R] Save the results of data analysis in R

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Thu Jun 16 11:23:29 CEST 2011

On 06/16/2011 07:12 PM, amrita gs wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>      I want to do data analysis using the values retrieved from a MySQL
> database. Is there a way to save the results of data analysis in R.

Hi amrita,
If you mean "save the output of an analysis", there are several ways.

1) Enter "sink(<filename>) before running the analysis, and "sink()"
after. This will store the results of whatever you did between the two
"sink" commands in the file <filename> (which is the name you choose to
call it).

2) Write your analysis as a script and use a function like "htmlize" to
convert the output to HTML and store it. This allows you to get most
bitmapped plots embedded in the output, which is what many people want.

For both of the above, you will want to write and test the R script
until it runs correctly, then use "sink" or "htmlize" (or other
functions from, say, the R2HTML package) to do the conversion. There are
similar functions that will convert the output to document formats like
Latex if you want.

Jim