[R] texi2dvi runs but produces no output

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Jun 17 11:25:10 CEST 2011

On 17.06.2011 09:24, christiaan pauw wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. I tried to install the package as instructed. Command
> and results below:
>
>> install.packages("patchDVI", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
> Installing package(s) into ‘C:/Users/nova/Documents/R/win-library/2.13’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> Warning message:
> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>    package ‘patchDVI’ is not available (for R version 2.13.0)

The problem is that the Windows binary of that package is really not
available on R-Forge.

You can install from sources if you ask R to:

install.packages("patchDVI", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org",
type="source")

given you have the Rtools installed.

> I then ran the tests in Rtools.

Which tests in Rtools???

> I suspect the fact that I have I have
> installed R in a path containing spaces may be the problem - maybe also for

Paths with spaces generate problems for LaTeX and R tries to work
around, but may fail.

Not sure why you do the stuff below at all and why R cannot change the
working directory.

Uwe Ligges

>>> http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/**LaTeX/SweaveR/lyx_with_r_and_**