[R] rgeos- installation help

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Jun 17 12:27:41 CEST 2011

It is very likely that your GEOS installation is too old. Are you trying to
install rgeos 0.1-8, available since yesterday from CRAN? This should check
that GEOS is >= 3.2.2, so perhaps you are trying to install an earlier
version of rgeos? You have not provided your full configure report, so it is
hard to tell.

In addition to libgeos, you need libgeos-dev and libgeos-c1.

If you cannot meet the requirement on GEOS from a Debian binary package,
consider installing from source - the Debian binary builds are rather
out-of-date. Be sure to update sp before installing rgeos. Finally, this
question is better suited to R-sig-geo than R-help.

Roger Bivand

Reema Singh wrote:

> Hello Everybody.
>
> i am installing rgeo in R-2.13 on debian lenny. i am getting following
> error. Can anybody help me why i m not able to compile rgeos.
>
> rgeos_misc.c: In function ‘rgeos_hausdorffdistance’:
> rgeos_misc.c:55: error: ‘GEOSHausdorffDistance_r’ undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> rgeos_misc.c:55: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> rgeos_misc.c:55: error: for each function it appears in.)
> rgeos_misc.c: In function ‘rgeos_hausdorffdistancedensify’:
> rgeos_misc.c:137: error: ‘GEOSHausdorffDistanceDensify_r’ undeclared
> (first
> use in this function)
> make: *** [rgeos_misc.o] Error 1
> ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘rgeos’
> * removing ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/rgeos’
>
> The downloaded packages are in
>     ‘/tmp/RtmptLNmNk/downloaded_packages’
> Warning message:
> In install.packages("rgeos", repos = "http://R-Forge.R-project.org") :
>   installation of package 'rgeos' had non-zero exit status
>
> Kind Regards~
>
> Reema Singh

-----
Roger Bivand
Economic Geography Section
Department of Economics
Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration
Helleveien 30
N-5045 Bergen, Norway