[R] Size argument in sample function

alfredo alfredotello at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 15:59:43 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I'd like to randomly sample a vector N times, where each successive random
sample increases in size. I have realised that the function sample does not
take vectors for arguments. For example,

x<-rnorm(20,0,1)
sample(x,c(1,2,3)) ## will only return one random sample of size 1.

The trick seems to be getting past the size argument of the function. I've
tried different things without success. Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,