[R] Using MCMC sampling to estimate p values with a mixed model

Robert A LaBudde ral at lcfltd.com
Sun Jun 19 17:18:00 CEST 2011

If your alternative hypothesis is unequal variances (2-sided), both F
< 1 and F > 1 are of interest, and rejection of the equal variance
null can occur on either side.

The usual ANOVA F test is 1-sided, with an alternative the numerator
variance exceeds the denominator one, so this is perhaps why you are confused.