[R] General Plotting Commands Help

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Jun 20 23:06:44 CEST 2011

On Jun 20, 2011, at 4:52 PM, Deepfish wrote:

> I am rather new to R and struggling with the syntax. I am trying to
> do simple
> plots and I can't get anything but errors. Specifically, I would
> like to
> know how to plot 3D scatterplots and using polar coordinates.
>
> So far I've tried installing the scatterplot3D package and have
> copied and
> pasted example code into R but it still returns " "Error: could not
> find
> function "scatterplot3D" ". Same thing happens when I've tried
> polar.plot(...).

Most of the time when getting that message, newbies (and oldies) have
forgotten to type:

require(scatterplot3d)  # NOT scatterplot3D

> I don't know if I didn't install the package correctly, the packages
> don't
> work on my machine (Windows 7 64bit), or I'm just out in left field...

If you have not installed the package properly, the error message will
tell you it cannot be found, and you should always report the complete
error message when communicating with r-help!

> Thanks in advanced
>
> --

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT