[R] 回复: Italicize Greek symbols in axis

Bingzhang Chen elanchen2001 at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Jun 21 14:15:22 CEST 2011

Prof. Ripley,

Thanks. A stupid question: how to find out the codes (e.g.,u03bc)  for the Greek
letters?

I am trying to italicize the mu in a mathematical expression placed as a label
for an axis of a graph (but other letters remain plain). I am working on the
Windows platform. I seem to find out a solution: to copy the µ from the
character map and use  italic(µ) in the expression.

Bingzhang