[R] Documenting variables, dataframes and files?

Laurent Gatto laurent.gatto at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 17:54:27 CEST 2011

Have a look at the AnnotatedDataFrame class in the Biobase package
[1]. Here is the description from the manual:

An ‘AnnotatedDataFrame’ consists of two parts. There is a collection
of samples and the values of variables measured on those samples.
There is also a description of each variable measured. The components
of an ‘AnnotatedDataFrame’ can be accessed with ‘pData’ and
‘varMetadata’.

Hope this helps,

Laurent

[1] http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/Biobase.html