[R] two panel figure using barplot2

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Jun 23 20:48:34 CEST 2011

On Jun 23, 2011, at 1:19 PM, Adrienne Keller wrote:

> I am trying to make a two panel figure using barplot2 in gplots. When I use par(mfrow=c(1,2)), two panels are created but both barplots are overlaid on top of one another in the first panel and the second panel is left blank.  Am I running into problems because I of some complexities of gplots? Is there a simple way to make a two panel figure with two barplots side by side using barplot2?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Adrienne Keller

Hi,

barplot2() from the gplots CRAN package is built upon the standard barplot() R function. I can run the following code here just fine:

  require(gplots)

  par(mfrow = c(1, 2))

  barplot2(1:5)

  barplot2(6:10)

and end up with side by side plots.  If you post a minimal example of the code that you are using that reproduces the error, we can help you better in trying to determine what may be happening on your end.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz