[R] counting columns that fulfill specific criteria

Nick Sabbe nick.sabbe at ugent.be
Fri Jun 24 15:53:28 CEST 2011

Hello Paul.

You could try something like
perc<-apply(pwdiff, 1 function(currow){
	mean(abs(currow) > t, na.rm=TRUE)*100
})

I haven't tested this, as you did not provide a sample pwdiff. You should
probably check ?apply for more info.

Two suggestions: probably best not to name any variable t, as this is also
the function for transposing a matrix, and could end up being confusing at
the least. Second: for most practical purposes, it's better to leave out the
*100.

Good luck,

Nick Sabbe
ping: nick.sabbe at ugent.be
link: http://biomath.ugent.be
wink: A1.056, Coupure Links 653, 9000 Gent
ring: 09/264.59.36

-- Do Not Disapprove