[R] about partial response and partial residual

pigpigmeow glorykwok at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 25 09:17:47 CEST 2011

i use "mgcv" package

First, what is the different between partial response and partial residual
plot?
actually, is it partial response is as same as partial regression?

second, if I use "log-link fuction", how to plot partial response and
partial residual plot by R?

Finally, If I want to plot partial resonse and partial residual plot, Should
I create new gam equation by individual variable or all variables ?