[R] Vector with factors inside lists/tuples

Håvard Wahl Kongsgård haavard.kongsgaard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 20:13:11 CEST 2011

Hi, sorry my question was not really clear

 |Are you very early in efforts at learning R?
No, have been a long term user of R, but only use R for the statistical stuff.

The heart of the issue is that I have list of keywords that I want to
analyse with a machine learning algorithm (20 000 keywords with a
response variables). It's much like "micro" array data, but in my case
it's not "genes", but instead keywords. To get it to work in R, I
could create a data frame with multiple vectors containing different
factors.
That would look like this
V1, V2,
"Harry", "Kline"
"Brown", "Larry"

If I am not mistaken if I used V1 and V2 with the standard GLM
function the result would be like

glm( V0 ~ "HARRY"  + "KLINE" + "Brown" + "Larry")

Or I could create a complex ordered array where keywords are
represented 1 and 0.
If I used that in GLM I would get the same result with glm?

But is there a better approach?

-Håvard