[R] Neg Binomial In GEE

SamiC s.cox.10 at aberdeen.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 16:59:14 CEST 2011

Hi, I want to fit a GEE with a negative binomial distribution.  I have uesd
already a poisson glm and then neg binommial to deal with alot of
dispersion.  In my neg binomial residuals i have some patterns so i have
implemented a GEE, but only with a poisson family as i couldnt with neg
binomial.  However the residual patterns in fact look worse here.  When i
try and put neg binomial family it wants a value of theta??  I am using the
geepack package.

Thanks