[R] cumulative incidence plot vs survival plot

array chip arrayprofile at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 19:38:20 CEST 2011

Alan,

Let's say that I code censoring as "0", recurrence as "1" for fstat and
death/competing risk as "2". If a patient did not have recurrence and lost
follow-up at 2 years in terms of recurrence monitoring, but he also died at 5
years. How should I code this patient? I think I still code this patient as 0
(censoring) because lost-of-followup occurred before death, am I correct?

Thanks very much!

John