[R] testInstalledPackages

Cody Hamilton cody.shawn at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 19:59:19 CEST 2011

Hello Duncan,

testci.R is a test function for the survival package.  I compared the .Rout and .Rout.save files by eyeball (I'm on a Windows 7 machine, so I can't use the diff function).  The only differences I found were in the file headers.

This is the header from the .Rout file:

R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

Here is the header from the .Rout.save file:

R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17)
Copyright (C) 2009 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

Type 'q()' to quit R.

As you can see, the header for the .Rout.save file is shorter resulting in a difference in length of three lines.  This appears to be nothing serious to worry about, but the the testInstalledPackages function will be run by our IT team (who has no experience with R) as part of the IQ testing, and I am worried that they may be concerned by the 'files differ in numbers of lines:' message.  Is there anything I can do to avoid the message?

Regards,
   -Cody