[R] RES: time series interpolation

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Jun 29 21:11:06 CEST 2011

On Jun 29, 2011, at 2:37 PM, Filipe Leme Botelho wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> At least to me it´s hard to picture what´s wrong without further
> details regarding your data. I use spline/linear interpolation of
> time series regularly, so maybe this example help you out.
>
>> ci_x
> [1]   1   4  69 131 194 256 320 382
>> ci_y
> [1] 0.1211 0.1213 0.1233 0.1241 0.1250 0.1254 0.1255 0.1255
>>
>> approx(x=ci_x, y=ci_y, n=ci_x[length(ci_x)])$y
>

> Regards,
> Filipe.

It looks to me that you are trying to assign a column vector into a
dataframe but you are constructing it with five times as many elements
as the dataframe has rows. I am unable to explain the error message,
however. You say this is a 'datatable', so maybe the datatable
maintainers would have a better idea, assuming you are using your
terms correctly.