[R] Numerical integration

nany23 anna.botto at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 01:52:19 CEST 2011

Hello!

I know that probably my question is rather simple  but I' m a very beginner
R-user.

I have to numerically integrate  the product of two function A(x) and B(x).
The integretion limits are [X*; +inf]

Function A(x) is a pdf function while B(x)=e*x is a linear function whose
value is equal to 0 when the  x < X*

Moreover I have to iterate this process for different value of X* and for
different pdf of the same type.

I know the comand INTEGRATE but  I can' t make it work.

Which is the best function to do this and how does it work?

Thank you very much in advanced!!