[R] transform table to matrix

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 17:05:13 CET 2011

If I understand you correctly, the easiest thing to do is import the
data without converting the strings to factors (the default behavior)
using:
mydata <- read.table("mydata.csv", as.is=TRUE)

If that isn't actually your problem, the output of
str(mydata)
would be helpful, as would an actual example of what
you are trying to do.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee