[R] Ploting Histogram with Y axis is percentage of sample for each bin

leinwand ianleinwand at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:44:12 CET 2011

I'm trying to do something very simple...

I wan to plot a histogram where the y axis represent the percentage of the
total sample that each bin represents.

I know how to plot a histogram with the counts and density... but can't find
anything that gives me perenct of sample on the y axis.

Any help is appriciated

Below is the script I'm working with

par(mfrow=c(1,2))
hist(ISIS$ASH_BA1K_ISIS[ISIS$Pest_Status=="-1"], main="Ash BA 1K Negative
Detection",  xlab="ASH BA 1K")
lines(density(ISIS$ASH_BA1K_ISIS), col="blue")
hist(ISIS$ASH_BA1K_ISIS[ISIS$Pest_Status=="1"], main="Ash BA 1K Positive
Detection", xlab="Ash BA 1K")
lines(density(ISIS$ASH_BA1K_ISIS), col="red")