[R] lattice: How to increase space between ticks and labels of z-axis?

P Ehlers ehlers at ucalgary.ca
Fri Mar 4 01:32:18 CET 2011

Marius Hofert wrote:
> Dear expeRts,
>
> How can I increase the space between the ticks and the labels in the wireframe plot
> below? I tried some variations with par.settings=list(..) but it just didn't work.

Marius,

I tried setting the 'distance' parameter, but that was less
than satisfactory. One way is to modify the labels appropriately:

  z_at <- seq(2000,10000,2000)
  z_labs <- paste(z_at, "    ", sep="")

which tacks on some spaces, and then plot:

  wireframe(z~grid[,1]*grid[,2],
   aspect=1,
   scales = list(arrows = FALSE,
                 z = list(at = z_at, lab = z_labs)