[R] R usage survey

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Fri Mar 4 19:57:51 CET 2011

Ok, I am very interested in what methods you plan to use that would be fit under the description "suitably analyzed" for voluntary response data.  From my training and experience the only suitable thing to do with voluntary response data is to put it through the shredder, into the recycle bin, or use as an example of what not to do in introductory textbooks.  Treating voluntary response data (especially given the responses to your post you have seen so far) as if it came from a proper random probability sample does not fit the idea of suitable analysis.