[R] Data lebals xylattice plot: RE: displaying label meeting condition (i.e. significant, i..e p value less than 005) in plot function

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Sun Mar 6 16:50:10 CET 2011

This is easy to do by specifying  xyplot's panel function. Assuming
only one panel -- otherwise you need to pass the subscripts arguments
to choose the values belonging to the panel -- somethings like:

xyplot(y~x, pvals = pvals,..., ## pvals is your vector of small p
values with e.g. NA's elsewhere
panel = function(x,y, pvals,...) {
    panel.xyplot(...)
    panel.text((x,y, pvals,...)
}  )

This is obviously just a sketch and will not work as written. So
please read the Help page on xyplot carefully and perhaps also
Deepayan's book on trellis graphics -- there are also undoubtedly
online resources: search on "trellis graphics tutorial" or some such.
This is not hard, but there are some details that you will need to
master,especially regarding argument passing.

Another alternative is to use the layer() function in the latticeExtra
package instead. Consult the documentation there for details.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics