[R] R Commander QQ Plot with triangular distribution

Richard and Barbara Males rbmales at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:49:03 CET 2011

I am attempting to use the R Commander Graphs Quantile-Comparison
functionality on a dataset, to compare with a triangular distribution.
  I have the package triangle.   My question is on the syntax of how
to specify the parameters of the theoretical distribution in the
Parameters field of the dialog box.  For example, the theoretical
distribution has min of 3000, max of 5000, mode of 4000.   When I
enter this info as 3000,5000,4000 in the parameters field, I get:

qqPlot(EmpiricalData$Value, dist="triangle", 3000,5000,4000)

it produces a plot, but I am not sure that this is correct.

I have searched for examples, not found anything.  Any help much appreciated.

R. Males
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA