[R] R Commander QQ Plot with triangular distribution

Richard and Barbara Males rbmales at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 16:53:58 CET 2011

Thank you for your prompt reply, I apologize for posting as an R
Commander question.  Your response is pointing me in the right
direction, but I am still not quite there.   The triangle package has
a qtriangle and dtriangle.   The formal arguments are a, b, and c.
(formals(qtriangle))  When I use R Commander as:

qqPlot(Transfer5000$Transfer.Rate, dist="triangle", a=3000,b=5000,c=4000)

I get the error message:

Error in qqPlot.default(Transfer5000$Transfer.Rate, dist = "triangle",  :
  argument 5 matches multiple formal arguments

and I am unclear as to how to specify that the "c" argument needs to
pertain specifically to the qtriangle (or perhaps dtriangle) function
arguments, that is, how to avoid a conflict with other arguments of
qqPlot that are ambiguous when passed "c"..

Again, sorry to post here, as this has clearly wandered into other
territory.  My exploratory searches to resolve this take me well
beyond my current ability in R.  If there is not an obvious answer, I
will re-post specifically on the topic of specifying formal arguments
of distributions to qqPlot.

Thanks.

Dick Males