[R] 'autocompletion' of named elements of a list

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 11:25:28 CET 2011

On Mar 11, 2011, at 09:55 , Håvard Rue wrote:

> since NULL elements are removed from the list, and that A$a auto-expand
> to A$aa, my error appeared.
>
> To me, this seems not a feature I want in order to have a robust
> program.

Partial matching of arguments and list item names is a feature long regretted by its inventors, but too late to remove. Too many people doing chisq.test(...)$exp etc.

> Is there any option to turn this ''feature'' off?

No. It's not the sort of thing you want to control with an option. It's a nightmare when you think of package development. For one thing, your code would break if someone turned the option back on.

--
Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com