[R] how to label lines

derek jan.kacaba at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 23:12:06 CET 2011

Thank you for reply. I think, in script you posted, I have to manually add
coordinates for label. I don't want do it manually. I would like to add
labels at the points, where the lines are maximally separated. (points of
maximum separation). Graphic representation of my data looks very similar to
image I posted earlier. The legend is unnecessary, because each line
represents same substance at different concentration. I would like to have
the lines labeled with numeric value (e.g.. "0.9 mg/l", 0.8 mg/l)

Example of my data in graph.txt file:
V1  V2     V3     V4   V5   V6
200 0.100 200 0.110 200  0.120
210 0.130 210 0.150 210  0.170
230 0.100 230 0.100 230  0.120

odd numbered columns (e.g.. V1) represents x axis
even numbered columns (e.g.. V2) represents y axis

Package hmisc and function labcurve should do trick, but I barely understand
from manual how to do it.
Probably something like this:

graph=read.table("graph.txt",header =FALSE,sep = "", dec = ",",fileEncoding
= "",
> encoding = "unknown", skip=19,nrows=400)
> attach(graf)
a=data.frame(V1,V2)
b=data.frame(V3,V4)
c=data.frame(V5,V6)