[R] Binning data

johnbeamer jrbeamer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 05:35:56 CET 2011

Hello

I have a large series of data value -- effectivly say the point across the
x-axis where a pitch crosses home plate. What I want to do is find the % of
ground balls at various distances across home plate.

I therefore need to 'bin' the two data sets I have - plate location for
ground balls and plate location for all other outcomes.

Question is how can I set up a series of bins between x and y with bin width
(y-x)/200, as an example ...

Thanks
John