[R] R hangs when connected via VPN [incl. minimal example]

Marius Hofert m_hofert at web.de
Sun Mar 13 23:12:52 CET 2011

Dear Duncan,

thanks for your suggestion. I contacted "REvolution Computing" on this behalf.
Rmpi and rlecuyer are loaded automatically, so they are not explicitly needed in the minimal example.
I'll post the answer (if I receive one).
It's quite an annoying problem if you frequently work on a server.

Cheers,

Marius