[R] How to source a part of the file

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 04:56:46 CET 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:32 PM, Paul Y. Peng <pywpeng at gmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks to Jim Holtman and Gabor Grothendieck for your quick responses.
> Jim's solution works beautifully for my tasks. Thanks. I also tried Gabor's
> solution based on pipe(). Unfortunately it only works on a linux PC, not on
> Windows 7/Vista. Submitting the command in Windows results in nothing. I
> suspect that it is because pipe() function behaviors differently in the two
> systems.

You did specifically write in your post that you could use sed which
suggests that you had it on your system.

If that is not, in fact, the case you could get it from Duncan
Murdoch's Rtools distribution:
http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/
which you would need in any case if you intend to develop R packages on Windows.

I did run a test on my own Windows Vista system prior to posting so it
certainly does work on Windows under the assumptions of the post.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.
email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com